Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Bridge to Terabithia

One book that I love to read to my class is Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson.  I have found that many students are able to relate to being a new student, like Leslie, and finding that one friend who can appreciate the person they are.  I have used this book as a "think aloud" when we complete our Following Characters into Meaning unit.  We practice growing theories about characters and analyzing how the characters change throughout the book.  In addition, we discuss topics such as bullying and loss.  I love to see how interested students become in the book and their reactions to what the characters think and how they act.  I showed this Animoto to my students and they are extremely excited to start reading Bridge to Terabithia as a class.

< br />

1 comment:

  1. I would be extremely excited to read the book as well after watching your book trailer! Watching what you created has got me excited to try a few book trailers of my own. I usually do a few book talks during the year introducing middle school students to several books that they may choose to do their independent reading project on. I know they would love to watch book trailers, so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete