Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Water - Digital Storytelling

I decided to make a digital story on the topic of water.  This is one of the units that we cover in Science and I wanted to create an interesting way for the students to be introduced to the topic.  I touched on different aspects of the water cycle and plan to pause the video at different points to discuss with the students in more detail so they have a better understanding.  The digital story is a brief synapses of what we will be covering within the unit to familiarize the students with the content.

This was my first time using any programs to create a digital story, but I think now that I have some experience with creating one, it would be a great resource to use in my classroom for other topics in Science and Social Studies.  It will also give the students a different way to receive the information.  I can really see my visual learners remembering this information better than reading it out of a book.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment